Simplicity Linear Bearings|
- Self-lubricating -- require no external lubricant
- Embeddability of hard particulate eliminates galling and shaft damage
- Dampens vibration for quiet and smooth operation
- FrelonGold liner supplies average of 20x more load capacity than standard linear ball bearing,
resulting in smaller packaging requirements
- Shock loads absorbed without damage to components
- Simultaneous linear, oscillating, and rotary motions expand design possibilities
- Reliable friction characteristics do not increase over bearing life
- Liner material similar to energized Teflon® seals
- Close fit and wiping action cleans shafting, eliminating need for seals
Why use Simplicity Linear Bearings instead of Thomson Linear Bearings?
BEARING LINER MATERIALS
FrelonGOLD®, FrelonJ®, FrelonF® are a compound of Teflon®
and fillers developed for improved performance over other
bearings. They provide
low wear, low friction, self-lubrication,
and high strength.
Self-lubricating (runs without added lubricant)
Embed ability of hard particulate
Wide temperature range (-400°F/+500°F) (-240°C/+260°C)
(NO metal-to-metal contact)
High load capacity
Low wear rate vs. other materials
PACIFIC BEARING HAS COMBINED
FRELON® WITH PRECISION BEARING
TO CREATE SIMPLICITY®
- The Frelon liner is bonded to the bearing shell at the
molecular level, which transfers the load and dissipates
heat buildup throughout the bearing
- Will not rust or corrode due to anodized aluminum or
stainless steel shell
- Patented self-aligning capabilities are standard
- Provides both linear, oscillating, rotary, or any
combination of motions
- Maintenance free operation
- Will not damage shafting
- Smooth, quiet operation
- Highly accurate – all critical surfaces are ground on
precision bearing grinders
- WILL NOT CATASTROPHICALLY FAIL!
Teflon® is a registered trademark of Dupont Corporation
Simplicity bearings are available with a standard straight
O.D. or a crowned self-aligning O.D.
“FL” – (Standard):
- Straight O.D.
- Pacific Bearing standard pillow blocks have the self-aligning
capability designed into the block using standard
“FL” bearings for the final assembly
“FLA” – (Self-aligning O.D.):
- Has a crown on the O.D. allowing the bearing to re-align
itself in binding situations
- Specifically designed to easily retrofit straight
- The bearing will allow 1/2° of misalignment capability
from centerline (1° overall).
- O-rings are used on either side of the crown. This
cushions and eliminates clatter in operation.
TRANSFER PROCESS OF LINER TO SHAFT
The interaction of the Frelon® material and the shafting
creates a natural, microscopic transfer of the Frelon to the
running surface. A thin film is deposited on the shaft, and the
valleys in the surface finish are filled in with Frelon material
during the initial break-in period. This transfer creates the
self-lubricating condition of Frelon riding on Frelon.
This break-in period will vary depending on several
CAUTION: Do not repeatedly clean the shafting with
alcohol! This will remove the previously transferred material
entirely and increase the wear to the bearing liner.
- Preparation of the shafting prior to installation - it is best
to clean the shafting with a 3-in-1 type oil before
installing the bearings. This ensures that the surface will
receive a full transfer of material.
- Speed, load, and length of stroke specific to the
application - typically the initial transfer process will take
approximately 50-100 strokes of continuous operation.
The running clearance on the bearing will increase an
average of .0002" to .0005", depending on the length of
the stroke and surface requiring the transfer.
- How often the shafting is cleaned - if the shafting is
cleaned regularly, increased wear will be seen in the
bearings. This is due to the transfer process being
performed over and over again.
For more information please contact our sales representatives at 1-800-232-0301 or
submit a part search request now.
|© 2017 Bearings, Belts
and Chain, Inc. all rights reserved.